My PC is Dead – What can I do?!
Troubleshooting PC That Will Not Power Up
In case of NO DISPLAY WITH CPU POWER,
- - Make sure that the monitor is working properly. Test it using other CPU.
- - Check signal cable of the monitor if properly plugged.
- - Check the graphics card’s installation. If you hear a beeping sound, try to clean and re-insert the graphics card.
- - Check the memory module’s installation. If a beeping sound is heard continuously, try to clean and re-insert the memory module.
In Case of NO CPU POWER,
- -Check power cable if it is properly plugged.
- - Check the power switch of the case if it is properly turned on or check if it has damages. Some power supplies have ON/OFF switch at the back side.
- - Check if the power supply is working well. If not, remove the power supply’s 20/24pin cable plugged in the motherboard and try to short the green color cable with the black color cable.